Monday 4 June 2012

BTB - Bruno Mars

As I frantically search for more things to moan about, you'll find my posts becoming a lot more niche. I've moaned about chart music before, and the rapid decline in good music. However, even talented musicians such as Bruno Mars, spout some questionable lyrics that has somehow condemned the entire male population to looking like morons.

As stated above, Bruno is a talented musician. However, his constant sucking up to the female musician has gained him the status of some sort of demi-god amongst women. He is seen as the perfect male, who would catch a grenade for a woman. A woman who seemingly doesn't care about him. Thanks for that Bruno, the next time somebody throws a grenade at me and a future female companion, your song lyrics will immediately spring to my mind and i'll attempt to catch, only to fumble the grenade, killing the both of us. 

The most irritable song in his collection, (to my knowledge, i refuse to listen to all of his songs) is 'Marry You'. It's no wonder that young adults are rushing into commitments they are not ready for when Bruno is spouting 'I'm looking for something to dumb to you, hey baby, i think I'm gonna marry you'. If I was looking for something to dumb to do, i'd think of a thousand other things ranging from setting off fireworks in a nunnery to swimming in a frozen lake before exchanging wedding vows.

Also 'Count on me' also has some questionable lyrics, 'You can count on me, like, 1, 2 ,3', is a good enough line in itself, even though he is presumptuous in us not knowing how to count. However, he then insists he can count on the women like '4, 3, 2', which is a bit lazy on his behalf. He's already used numbers in his song, which worked reasonably well. Only for him to use them again, then stop counting at 2. What about one, Bruno? What about one?

To wrap up, Bruno you're talented, but your songs make all us men look bad, and your material of loving the girl so much that you'd do anything for her, is going to get old. 

My next moan: Indicators

No comments:

Post a Comment