Saturday 10 November 2012

FF- Football woes

Today has been a dull and drab day. My football world felt somewhat empty at not placing a bet, so the football results just didn't seem to matter today. To try and enlighten my mood, I went down to my local ASDA and purchased the new Football Manager, but discovered that my mac isn't running an up to date operating system, and have to wait for the new one to be delivered in the next 2-3 weeks. Sigh. So, I turn my attention to FIFA, but i've fallen foul of that as well, due to losing an online tournament in the final 4-3, after obliterating each challenger in the rounds before.  The referee gave him two penalties, and blew the whistle for a foul, and denied me a clear goal scoring opportunity, rather than playing advantage.  Fuming.

Alternatively, we look to the real footballing world. Yet, we see the same dullness and same drabness. My local team (Barnsley) are tumbling down the league, and lost today to local rivals Huddersfield. The proclaimed 'King Keith' seems to be unable to swallow his pride and drop his favourites, I won't digress. My self entitled 'second team' Aldershot Town are rooted to the bottom of league two, and lost again today.

Football is a marvelous game, when going your way. A win can put you on top of the world. But, a combination of both my teams losing, no football manager for at least two weeks, being knocked out of the tournament in the final has woefully put me in the dumps. Today, football is a cruel game.

No comments:

Post a Comment